~ Fatless Stew Chicken Thigh in Oyster Sauce ~
As I left home for my tertiary education at the age of 17, mum stuffed my suitcase with a well-seasoned mini AMC pot, a 16cm 1.2 litre Quali unit, in case I need to cook Maggi mi. It is a cute little M28 model Quali, which I used on gas hob back then. The unit is still sitting in my kitchen wardrobe now and I am still using it, mostly to cook small amount of food, especially food for my baby. Yes, AMC last for generations! The only difference is that I now cook with my AMC pots and pans on the latest technology electric stove, Navigenio, fully automatically.
Needless to say, I managed to do better than my mum thought (*blushing*). I actually cooked up, not a storm but practically a stew dish for a good meal which I enjoyed very much with my best friend, Mimee and my other housemates! Mimee would led me to the wet market where we had our “Ais Kopi” and “Roti Canai” at the food stalls, whilst we sourced for the chicken thigh to cook for our meals during the weekends.
I stewed pieces of the chicken thigh we bought from the market in oyster sauce. It became my signature dish as my housemates were pretty impressed with this simple, healthy and delicious dish cooked without adding a single drop of oil. It was one of those many awesome memories I have had with my best friend during the younger days, my very first cooking experience with AMC.
Mum used to cook for the family. So, I did not have many cooking experience before I left home. The AMC indicator on its unique patented Visiotherm really helps. It indicates when food will be ready/cooked. There was no over or undercooked food. Food just cooked to “perfection”. The AMC way has taken away the worries from me, the worries from my very first cooking done out of being home-sicked.
Fatless Stew Chicken Thigh in Oyster Sauce Recipe (Serves 2) :
- 2 chicken thighs, chopped into 3-4 pieces each (approximately 350gm)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ tablespoons of oyster sauce
- Dash of black pepper
- 30ml water
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Mix all ingredients in an AMC 16cm 1.2 litre Quali unit and marinade for 20 minutes.
- Cook with medium heat on gas hob until Visiotherm indicates “M”.
- Lower heat on gas hob until Visiotherm indicates “C”.
- Turn off all heat.
- Stir well and serve with steamed rice.
That’s how I started my own independent adventure with AMC. With that little AMC pot, a dish was born in a pair of freshman’s hand like mine! Endless recipes were tried out and the lists of recipes keep compiling. That is where my interests in culinary was developed, right there at that never too late age of 17. Since then, I believed everyone can cook nutritious and delicious food with AMC cookware.
With the New AMC Automatic System, I now use the Fully Automatic AMC Healthy Cooking Method.
Simply replace step 2 and 3 above with the following method :-
- Switch on Navigenio to automatic “A”, switch on Audiotherm indicating “Carrot Window” and select time setting to 15 minutes. Navigenio will beep indicating food is fully cooked according to instruction given.
- Turn off Navigenio and Audiotherm. Alternatively, ignore beeping. Food in pot will then be kept warm at 60°C for as long as 1 hour.
Tip : AMC Pots and Pans purchased from some 20-30 years ago can be upgraded to the now technology to cook fully automatically!