~ Cheesy Zucchini Nuggets ~
Being a mother to a playschool- going young toddler can be challenging too! Two mornings ago, upon picking up my soon to be 22 months old girl from playschool, the teacher informed me that they will be having a picnic encounter for the young ones 2 days later. I loved the fact that the playschool actually bothered to have that, though it will only be in the classroom rather than a conventional outdoor picnic. I guess a real outdoor picnic will be too much of a hassle for those kiddos. Hence, an indoor classroom one will be good enough to introduce the idea of a picnic, an innovative twist!
It is not so much of a problem as I heard about it until the teacher mentioned that all parents will have to bring along one picnic food to class! And it was 2 days from when I was informed! Being panicky at first as I would like to let these kids have the “best possible” home-cooked picnic food, I wonder what I should cook in support of this little ones event. After all this is my very first contribution to my girl’s “school” event! I was excited for the making at same time.
After some thoughts, I made something that I have been making regularly. It is one of my girl’s “no fuss” food but definitely my favourite food! It is simple yet nutritional finger food for my girl to bring along. I made Zucchini Cheese Cake (Nuggets). With AMC 28cm Arondo unit and an Audiotherm unit, pan-frying this tiny bites is a piece of cake.
Cheesy Zucchini Nuggets Recipe (Yield 30 toddler bites) :
- 2 medium size zucchini/courgette, shredded (approximately 300gm)
- 200 grams cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed (garlic gives a real good twist to the tastebud)
- 1 ½ (220ml cup) breadcrumbs (add more breadcrumbs gradually if mixture appears too wet)
- 1 large egg, beaten (add more egg gradually if mixture appears too dry)
- 1 ½ tablespoon cooking oil
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Squeeze shredded zucchini in an AMC 16cm combi bowl to remove excess liquid.
- Mix all ingredients into a separate 20cm combi bowl with a fork.
- Pre-heat AMC 28cm Hotpan unit (lid on) with Navigenio heat level, “level 4” up to 50°C or “Meat Window”. You may activate Audiotherm on “Meat Window” for readiness indication.
- When Audiotherm beeps, reduce to lower heat level, “level 2”. Grease Hotpan with cooking oil.
- Drop in a batch of 10 tablespoonful glob of the mixture into pan, flatten a little with the spoon.
- Cover lid on Hotpan unit. Activate Audiotherm on “Meat Window”.
- On reaching 90°C or “Turning Point”, flip the patties. (Note: Audiotherm beeps on reaching 50°C or “Meat Window”. Ignore beeping until it beeps again at 90°C, i.e. “Turning Point”)
- Cover lid again and let simmer until 80°C or “Carrot Window”.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 until all mixtures are done.