~ Baked Parmesan Salmon Nuggets ~
What Children’s Day? I don’t even know such a day is celebrated in a significant way around the world until my little girl attends playschool. Countries around the world celebrate on different dates but with the same objective, to honour children globally. In Singapore, Children’s Day is officially celebrated on the 1st October every year.
The playschool my little girl attending chose to celebrate on the 9th October instead. They had the “Rainbow” theme this year. All children attending playschool that day are invited to dress in rainbow colours. Common classroom was well decorated according to theme. There are all kinds of fun activities prepared by the school teachers and staff. Parents brought food and drinks to the class for the children’s snack break. They had a party!
For Children’s Day, the playschool pre-listed some food options for parents to bring. I was motivated to prepare some healthy snack food for the children. Hence, I have selected fish nuggets. I prepared the baked (instead of fried) parmesan salmon nuggets the afternoon before, left them in the fridge and reheated them the next morning.
Baked Parmesan Salmon Nuggets Recipe (Yield 20 pieces) :
- 1 salmon fillet, cut into cube of 2cm x 2cm (approximately 300gm)
- 2 tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
- 1 large Egg, beaten (add if insufficient)
- 10 tablespoons of Breadcrumbs (add if insufficient)
- 100 grams Parmesan Cheese (thinly shredded)
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- In a 24cm Combi Bowl, add flour and salmon pieces. Cover combi bowl with lid. Toss salmon pieces until well mixed with flour.
- In a 20cm Combi Bowl, add egg and beat. Dunk salmon pieces into beaten egg.
- In a second 20cm Combi Bowl, mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Coat all the salmon pieces with the mixture.
- Place each coated salmon pieces on a plate, cover with a kitchen towel or a cling wrapper and let them chill 15 minutes in the fridge (in this way the chicken nuggets will become beautifully crispy).
- Pre-heat AMC 24cm 5.2 litre Shallow Pot unit (lid on) with Navigenio heat level, “level 6” up to 50°C or “Meat Window”. Activate Audiotherm on 50°C or “Meat Window” for readiness indication.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off Navigenio & Audiotherm. Remove lid and set pot in up-turn lid.
- Line salmon pieces to pot.
- Cover pot with Navigenio turned upside down. Turn Navigenio on lower heat level “-” to bake. Activate Audiotherm and set to bake automatically for 8 minutes, followed by 2 minutes on higher heat level “=”.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm.