~ Baked Cheesy Chicken Mushroom Meatballs ~
No, I am neither referring to wine nor sauce pairings for pasta. I am talking about some improvised meatballs from the leftover Chinese Wanton mixture from last night!
Chinese Wanton is our family’s favourite. The first time I cooked wanton for my 1 year old girl, she downed 5 of them non-stop. As I get motivated that way, I can’t help making a big portion of the wanton mixture as I can keep them chilled for use the next day. However, I got bored one day, I have decided to improvise the mixture to “fusionise” it with an Italian twist. I turned the recipe into a mixture for baked meatballs by adding 4 ingredients, mushrooms, cheese, breadcrumbs and egg.
That was a typical killing 2 birds with 1 stone scenario which I love doing, from a Chinese to a fusion Italian recipe. Be it Chinese Wanton served with Dry or Soup Noodles or Cheesy Meatballs served with Classic Red, Pesto Genovese or Creamy Pasta, they can all be prepared in a simple recipe with a slight twist. Excess baked meatballs can be stored in the freezer for another meal (although it is very unlikely to happen as the meatballs are adictive!). This makes a great option for party food too as it can be prepared in advance.
Baked Cheesy Chicken Mushroom Meatballs Recipe (Yield 20 meatballs) :
- 150 grams of Chicken Breasts (cubed & minced with a meat hammer)
- 2 Shitake Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 Fresh Chestnuts (finely chopped)
- 2 stalks of Chinese Celery (finely chopped)
- 80 grams of Gouda Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup of Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tablespoon of Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black Pepper
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Mix all ingredients, except egg, with a fork in an AMC 16cm Combi Bowl unit.
- Pre-heat AMC 24cm 3.5l Pan Unit (lid on) with Navigenio heat level, “3” up to 50°C or “Meat Window”. Activate Audiotherm on 50°C or “Meat Window” for readiness indication.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off Navigenio & Audiotherm. Remove lid and set pan in up-turn lid.
- Make balls from dough and place into pan.
- Cover pan unit with Navigenio turned upside down. Turn Navigenio on low heat level “-“ to bake for 10 minutes, followed by higher heat level “=” for 2 minutes. Activate Audiotherm to bake automatically.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm.
Tips : All AMC Stainless Steel Combi Bowl Units with Hermetic Seal keeps any contents chilled/refrigerated to optimise freshness.