~ Turmeric Teriyaki Fusion Drummets ~
Drummet, the upper portion of the chicken wing is so easy to prepare. Hence, there are countless number of recipes available out there for drummets. Apart from chicken thigh, I particularly like to cook this part of the chicken as it is easy for my toddler to hold and bite, encouraging self-feeding. They are really good for that purpose.
Oh yeah, I just realised all my cooking these days revolves around my child! No more chillies in all my cooking, no more bony fishes but anything and everything that are seemingly easy and nutritious for the digestion tract of a toddler. It is quite a challenge and it has been the revolution of my cooking repertoire ever since I have a toddler dining on that same table with us. Do you have the same experience too?
We often have teriyaki fish or teriyaki chicken. The sweet flavour of the sauce increases my toddler’s appetite. Today, I have made a slight change from the usual teriyaki chicken dish. I added some turmeric powder for a Japanese Indian fusion twist.
Turmeric contains curcumin, the yellow-colour agent, often used for food colouring. It is used for various medicinal purposes, particularly known to have an anti-inflamatory effect which might decrease swelling. Hence, I like to add a small amount of turmeric to my cooking recipes for a general health being purposes.
I have baked these drummets in a 24cm 3.0 liter Hot Pan unit with the Navigenio. The drummets came out plum and juicy with a mildly aromatic flavour and slightly golden in colour, perfect for a good family dinner after a long day.
Turmeric Teriyaki Fusion Drummets Recipe (Serves 2 adults and a toddler) :
- 9 Chicken Drummets
- 1 tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- A pinch of Salt & Black Pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (garnishing)
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Marinate chicken drummets with seasoning for 1 hour.
- Preheat AMC 24cm 3.0 liter Hot Pan unit with Navigenio heat level “3” to 50°C or “Meat Window”. Use Audiotherm as an indicator by turning it on, place on lid knob, indicating 50°C or “Meat Window”.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm. Remove lid and place pan unit on the up-turned lid. Arrange drummets into the pre-heated pot.
- Cover pan unit with Navigenio turned upside down. Turn Navigenio on lower heat level “-“ and with higher heat level “=” with Audiotherm activated to bake for 10 minutes and 5 minutes respectively.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm. Serve warm.