~ Non-spicy Chicken Curry with Golden Sweet Potatoes ~
Ever since my little girl joined us at the dining table for meals at the age of one, I have stopped cooking spicy food. Whenever I crave for spicy food, I will just cook my own non-spicy version of chicken curry. As I had some sweet potatoes but not potatoes, which is the usual ingredients for chicken curry, I make do with what I had. So, we had Non-spicy Chicken Curry with Golden Sweet Potatoes for dinner last Sunday.
Store bought Chicken Curry are commonly offered with coconut milk added to it. For a healthier option, I chose to cook Chicken Curry at home without coconut milk. I replaced chilly and coconut milk with a simple stalk of lemongrass which in turn gives a magical aroma to the dish. The combination of Lemongrass with Golden Sweet Potatoes is pretty surprising. It gives a refreshing sweetness in taste and appetising fragrant. I can’t help finishing the gravy left in the pot.
I cooked my Chicken Curry with an AMC 20cm 3.0 liter pot and a 20cm Secuquick Softline lid on Navigenio, fully automatically. It took 3 minutes at Turbo setting which cooks in the range of 108°C to 118°C. There is no need to add any oil to this recipe. With the AMC Premium Cookware System, I cook fatless without having to tolerate the taste or worrying about ingredients sticking to any pot/pan unit.
Non-spicy Chicken Curry with Golden Sweet Potatoes Recipe (Serves 4) :
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 large Golden Sweet Potatoes (big chunks)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1 stalk Lemongrass (slit 2 times vertically without cutting through the knob)
- 1 teaspoon Non-spicy Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
- 100ml water
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Marinate chicken with all seasoning (item 6 to 10) for 30 minutes in a 20cm combi bowl.
- Preheat an AMC 20cm 3.0 liter Pot unit with Navigenio heat level “3” to 50°C or “Meat Window”. Use Audiotherm as an indicator by turning it on, place on lid knob/Visiotherm, indicating 50°C or “Meat Window”.
- When Audiotherm beeps indicating readiness for pan-frying, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm. Add garlic and shallots and stir-fry gently. Add marinated drumsticks.
- Cover the pot with the Secuquick Softline lid. Switch on Navigenio to automatic “A”. Turn on Audiotherm, place on lid knob, indicating “Turbo” and set 3 minutes to cook.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm. As pot depressurised, dish out and serve warm.
Tips : Browning without additional fat with the use of AMC Premium Cookware System, you can avoid several calories, without eating even a bite less. Imagine that over the long run. With the excess in calories saved, you can enjoy your favourite food of choice.