~ Baked Teriyaki Cod Fillet ~
At 50°C, the sizzle sound effect marked a moment the beautiful white is attached to the Hotpan. Omega-3 rich oil spattered all around within it. Juices locked within the very piece. The seared smell lingered at the apartment, made growling sound heard from the tummy. No appetiser required.
What do you do for a weekly indulgence? It can be a quick but healthy solution during the weekdays or a treat for the weekend. I cook up a simple meal of Cod weekly for the family. The tired bodies needed a nutritious fix after a long day/week. As some studies recommend consumption of 3oo grams of fish weekly to avoid a stroke, here we go!
Freshly frozen and thawed cod fillets are easily available in Singapore. With an excellent source of Vitamin B and Omega-3 fatty acids, frequent consumption of cod helps prevent heart related diseases. Its flaky white flesh taste great and are tenderly dense, perfect for the whole family. No matter how picky an eater my little girl is, this Baked Teriyaki Cod Fillet never fail to steal her heart.
To handle such delicate Cod fillets, I often steam or bake them directly in the smallest Pot/Pan possible to avoid the loss of its precious moisture and fat. Too big an environment requires more heat for cooking and that dries up the content unnecessarily. Within a closely confined Pot/Pan preheated at 50°C, finished at a low heat, the fillets were baked without drying. All nutritional values, natural juices and original taste of Cod are optimally retained, tantalises even the most critical taste buds.
For a steam Cod fillets recipe, you may visit the Steam Gourmet post here.
Baked Teriyaki Cod Fillet Recipe (Serves 3) :
- 2 Cod Fillets, approximately 300 grams
- 1 tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Marinate cod fillet with teriyaki sauce.
- Pre-heat the AMC 24cm Hotpan unit (lid on) on Navigenio heat, “level 3” up to 50°C or “Meat Window”. Activate Audiotherm on 50°C or “Meat Window” for readiness indication.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off Navigenio & Audiotherm. Remove lid and set pan in up-turn lid.
- Place seasoned cod fillet(s) into the pan unit and cover it with Navigenio turned upside down. Turn Navigenio on low heat level “-“. Activate Audiotherm and set 10 minutes to bake.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm.
- Serve warm with the Hotpan unit.
Tips : For baking items like this recipe where cod fillet is marinated with sugar glaze marinade which charred easily, do not preheat pot/pan on the highest heat level. Navigenio heat level “3” would be an ideal heat level.