~ Chicken & Mixed Vegetables Biryani Rice ~
Chicken & Mixed Vegetables Biryani Rice is one of my favourite one-pot quick fix meal. A more premium version of Biryani Rice includes saffron. The more authentic ones may include all the other ingredients that you may call for. Some genuine vegetarian friends may opt for only an assortment of vegetables in theirs. If you are looking for premium and/or genuinely authentic ones, you may not like this recipe which is a much simplified “fastfood” alike version.
This recipe may not be the most authentic Biryani Rice that one might be familiar with but I consider this a practically good wholesome meal for the family’s healthy eating as it has an assortment of vegetables added to it. The rest is the typical meat with Basmati rice and a few essential spices, all-in-one meal for a weekday dinner. It surely makes a pleasant meal at the comfort of home-sweet-home rather than having to dine out at crowded restaurants after a long day.
My usual AMC Cooking System was used to cook this one-pot recipe. In this recipe, I used the 24cm Secuquick Softline Lid to cover the 24cm 5.0 liter Pot unit to cook 3 cups of Basmati rice for 20 seconds from post-pressure point at a temperature range of 103°C to 113°C. At times when I need to cook more, I will use the same lid to cover a 24cm 6.5 liter Pot unit. Be it a smaller or a bigger pot, both adopts the same cooking time set to cook automatically. I just love the flexibility of the system!
As I am preparing for this recipe to be posted, I just realised that tomorrow is Deepavali Day! When I was still single, I used to be well aware of the festive seasons around the corner to catch up with family and dear friends. Now that I am a mother, I am very much more alert with school terms and school holidays. Festive season or not does not put much weight in the way I plan things out. Anyway, this is such a pleasant co-incidence for this blogpost to come along. Whether in conjunction with Deepavali or not, the fact that more and more race and ethnicity are cooking Biryani Rice, which is of an Indian origin, goes to show that food has brought the harmonious side of our beautiful human race.
Chicken & Mixed Vegetables Biryani Rice Recipe (Serves 4)
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 3 tablespoons Plain Yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 375 grams Basmati Rice
- 1 medium Brinjal (cubed)
- 1 medium Green Courgette/Zucchini (cubed)
- 1 medium Red Capsicum (deseeded & cubed)
- 1 medium Yellow Capsicum (deseeded & cubed)
- 1 medium Carrot (cubed)
- 2 large Tomatoes (deseeded & cubed)
- 1 medium Brown Onion (chopped)
- 80 grams Jumbo Golden Raisins
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 8 Cardamon
- 8 Cloves
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 350ml Water
- 4 tablespoons Fried Shallots (prepared in advance, to mix well in rice when cooked)
- A handful of Cashew Nuts (garnishing)
- 1 stalk Coriander (garnishing)
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- In an AMC 20cm Combi Bowl unit, marinate chicken drumsticks with ingredients A above for an hour.
- In an AMC 24cm 5.0 liter Pot unit, add water. Then add rice with all other ingredients and mix well.
- Cover pot with AMC 24cm Secuquick Softline lid unit. Switch on Navigenio to automatic mode, “A”. Turn on Audiotherm, place on knob, indicating “Soft” and set on 1 minute to cook.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm.
- As pot depressurised, remove lid. Fluff rice, garnish with fried shallots, cashew nuts and coriander. Serve warm.
- The AMC Premium Cooking System is a greatly flexible system. You can cook little food in a shallower Pot unit and more food in a deeper Pot unit. You may also cook a recipe with a Secuquick Softline Lid or with an ordinary AMC Lid covering the Pots with just a simple tweak in the steps for any recipe.
- To cook more rice in this particular recipe with an ordinary AMC Lid, all steps remain the same except the setting on Audiotherm will be on 80°C or “Carrot Window” and set on 10 minutes to cook.