~ Waterless Steamed Scallops on Egg Tofu with Goji Berry ~
Last week, my little girl turned four. As she has been yearning for Egg Tofu, I thought it would be a good idea not to elaborate the celebration at a restaurant since it is a weekday afterall. So, I cooked up a simple dish of Steamed Pieces of Egg Tofu with Scallops and Goji Berries on them, just like Dim Sum. In this recipe, no additional water is required with the AMC cooking method. Hence, no additional seasoning is needed, making it a healthily delightful dish for the family to savour.
In this recipe, the AMC automatic steam cooking method was used. Without additional water, the automatic cooking method brings all food ingredients in a Pot/Pan up to 80°C on high heat before lowering the heat automatically to cook food in the temperature below 100°C for the duration required. Cooking temperature below 100°C guarantees a gentle treatment of cell structures in food.
As a result, all relevant nutrients are preserved in the best way possible. When no additional water is added to cooking, it generally means flavour and taste are more intense too. Scallops and tofu steamed directly in an AMC Pan unit, without sticking to the pan, below 100°C on an automatic mode within minutes makes the texture perfectly tender. Cooking time in minutes specific counts as scallops may be overcooked and flesh will be tougher in texture. Nicely cooked scallops in combination with the egg tofu makes great bites for young children and adults alike.
With the hustle bustle routine during the week, any celebration done from cosy home is indeed less stressful than having to dine out. We had a heart-warming evening with flexibility and privacy assured. A little store-bought Blueberry Yogurt cake for dessert followed after we were done cleaning up together. It was an evening with happy memories created and planted for the little girl for the many more years to come.
Would you try this simple recipe at home soon?
Waterless Steamed Scallops on Egg Tofu with Goji Berry Recipe (Serves 3-4 Adults) :-
- 10 Frozen Fresh Medium Scallops (thawed, cleaned & halved horizontally)
- 2 packs Egg Tofu, 160grams each (cut into 20 pieces)
- 20 Goji Berries
- 1 sprig Spring Onion (chopped for garnishing)
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Arrange cut pieces of Egg Tofu into the 24cm 2.0 litre Roasting Pan unit. Top with scallop pieces and goji berries. Pour excess liquid from the thawed scallops into the Pan unit.
- Cover Pan unit with a Classic Lid. Switch on Navigenio to “A”. Turn on Audiotherm, place on lid knob, indicating 80°C or “Carrot Window” and set for 4 minutes to steam.
- As Audiotherm beeps, turn off Audiotherm and Navigenio. Garnish and serve hot.
- Scallop is a low fat food with good source of protein, minerals like iodine, selenium & phosphorus and vitamin B12 which helps to repairing our damaged tissues, making of our cells membrane and may activate enzymes for thyroid function and more.
- The best way to thaw seafood is to remove them from the freezer to the refrigerator for about 24 hours.
- Avoid cooking unthawed or frozen scallops as they tend to be tough and fibrous in texture. You wouldn’t want to eat tough scallops!