~ 2 in 1 Chicken Radish Soup with Steamed Brown Rice ~
Soups are commonly believed to be hearty in making a complete meal for many in Asia. There are a variety of soups, ranging from savoury to sweet soups and from consommé to thick soups. Soups can be served as main meal, a side dish or as dessert. Some soups are simmered for long hours, some are boiled and simmered for a couple of minutes. Soups can be cooked for general health maintenance or for a particular purpose, depending on individual body’s needs. Hence, a hot bowl of soup can be enjoyed in many ways.
With the influence from my late grandmother, whom is a Cantonese and my mother who inherited my late grandmother’s recipes, I cook Cantonese style soups from time to time in my day to day cooking too. I cook both savoury and sweet soups by simmering for long hours, for a few minutes or by double boiling. It is commonly believed in our family that soups can be revitalising and is a good anti-aging food when consumed regularly. Hot soups are packed with nutrients that keep the tummy and body warm, increasing metabolism and for good digestion system too.
In this recipe, I am sharing a 2 in 1, 45 minutes cooking method where the Chicken Radish Soup is cooked with Brown Rice with the AMC Premium Cookware System. The AMC 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 cooking system means:-
- QUICK, as soup and brown rice (or another dish for 2 in 1 cooking or a third dish for 3 in 1 cooking) are cooked simultaneously.
- EASY, as the 2 or 3 dishes are cooked at once rather than separately.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLIER, as there is energy saving when 2 dishes are cooked from the same heat source.
Chinese soups typically require longer time to cook. Therefore, I can make use of the heat source generated from soup simmering to steam some brown rice, making it a soup with rice meal for the family.
The AMC Cookware System cooks soups for long hours without drying out the ingredients and liquid. The system controls the heat level required to cook fully automatically ensuring that the entire cooking process is maintained at a temperature below 100°C, staying below boiling point to better preserves vitamins and minerals, without losing the soup quantity through steam evaporation.
This ingenious design where the stainless steel lid covering the pot perfectly act as a cooling zone in the cooking process. This means steam rises from liquid in the pot drops down again as it touches the cooling zone, reheated again in a circular mode. Therefore, the AMC Cookware System is the perfect system for soups or just any food that requires longer cooking time. The worries of having to keep an eye on the stove in fear of drying out the soup pot is long gone.
While the soups aroma is clear and fresh to the taste buds, the ingredients are tasty without the “dried-out” texture even after long hours of simmering. In most cases, these “dried out” soups ingredients are thrown away due to the lack of taste and texture. The brown rice is perfectly steamed within the aromatic environment of the soup, without additional heat source required. When soups are cooked with the AMC fully automatic system, there will be no wastage. So, let’s enjoy a truly hearty bowl of soup with rice, the AMC way!
A. Soup (Serves 6)
- 300grams Chicken Breasts (clean and cut into 6-8 pieces)
- 1 Green Radish, approximately 200 grams
- 2 medium size Carrots, approximately 200 grams
- 8 Red Dates
- 1 1/2 liter Water
B. Rice (Serves 3)
- 1 cup Brown Rice (soak 30 minutes)
- 1 1/4 cup Water
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Add brown rice and water into a 20cm combi bowl and soak for 30 minutes. Place the 20cm combi bowl into an AMC 24cm Steamer unit.
- Scald chicken breasts with boiled water. Add scalded chicken breasts, radish, carrot, red dates and water into an AMC 24cm 5.0 liter Pot unit. Stack the steamer unit from step 1 above onto the pot unit.
- Switch on Navigenio to “A”. Turn on Audiotherm, place on lid knob, indicating 80°C or “Carrot Window” and cook for 45 minutes.
- As Audiotherm beeps at 80°C, turn off Audiotherm and Navigenio. Serve warm with or without additional dishes of choice.
- AMC Automatic Cooking System cuts off the power automatically and keeps food warm at 60°C for 1 hour after the Audiotherm beeps, indicating the end of the cooking process. Hence, you may leave the kitchen or the house to run chores of your choice without worrying about the cooking. When you return home few hours later, the soup and rice will still be warm for consumption.
- 2 in 1 cooking means savings in power consumption. This is a great way we humankind contribute to the preservation of our environment. I personally love my current contribution in this sense to the mother earth. Afterall, we have only one Earth.