~ Waterless Steamed Salmon Fillet with Salsa ~
This Waterless Steamed Salmon with Salsa with so much natural flavours from the fresh ingredients, tantalises taste buds with smooth flaky flesh dances on your tongue! I did not prepare the salsa ingredients like the typical version which includes, garlic, onion and chilly. It tasted great regardless. I have also added lemon after the cooking, rather than in the cooking, to cater to the young family member’s taste bud or I risk her turning away from the dining table. My, already dire in appetite, sick little girl deserves a good meal. Hence, do not be puzzled if you do not see some of the ingredients in the photo gallery.
There are 2 common factors that determine the cooking duration for this dish :-
- The temperature of salmon fillet. I left my piece at room temperature for half an hour before I steamed it.
- The thickness of salmon fillet. I picked a small piece of salmon.
I cooked mine for 4 minutes from the 80°C point. If you are cooking a thicker and bigger fillet or a fillet right from the chiller, you may want to add a minute or 2 cooking time to it.
Instead of steaming fish the conventional way where a huge amount of water boiling in a wok/pan with fish placed on a plate/bowl with a tripod underneath, I steam fishes directly in a Pan unit with some water/stock in it using the AMC Premium Cooking System. I call this “Waterless Steaming” method as additional water is not required but just enough water to serve as gravy for the dish. When fish is steamed at a temperature of 98°C, they are smooth on the outside, flaky and moist on the inside.
The AMC “Waterless Steaming” method steams fish perfectly as the Akkutherm capsule base in all AMC Pots/Pans guarantees a faster absorption and even distribution of heat with optimum stability. Food that are cooked with minimal amount of water cooks with heat absorbed faster and distributed evenly throughout the cooking process, gives an original flavour & aroma and well-cooked distinct texture while retaining its nutrients level.
I served this dish with a 3 in 1 cooking with soup, rice and vegetable done fully automatically with 1 Pot and 2 accessories. That made an awesome wholesome meal to end the long week.
Waterless Steamed Salmon Fillet with Salsa Recipe (Serves 3) :
- 200 grams Salmon (cleaned)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 medium Tomato (deseeded and quartered)
- 10 grams Cilantro or Chinese Celery (cleaned and cut into 3-4 parts)
- 1/4 medium size Brown Onion (cut into 2-3 chunks)
- 1 clove Garlic (smashed)
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 50 ml Water
- 1/4 Lemon Juice (added after cooking)
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto salmon to marinate for 30 minutes. Add tomatoes, cilantro, brown onion, garlic and olive oil into the AMC Quick Cut unit. Pull and release the blue Pull Cord to roughly mince all ingredients to make salsa mix.
- Add uncooked salmon and top with salsa mix in an AMC 20cm 1.3 liter Hot Pan Unit. Cover the pan with lid. Switch on Navigenio to automatic mode, “A”. Turn on Audiotherm and set 4 minutes to cook. Activate Audiotherm by attaching it on the lid knob and indicating “Carrot Window” or 80°C.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm. Squeeze lemon juice onto fish and salsa mix. Serve immediately.
Tips : The AMC Akkutherm Capsule Base at the bottom of every AMC Pot/Pan unit acts like a battery. It absorbs heat fast and distribute them evenly in the pot/pan unit. As the absorption and distribution of heat is on a gradual basis, some even use the pots & pans to safely thaw frozen food!