~ Baked Tandoori Salmon with Minty Yogurt Mix ~
Both my husband and I are a big fan of Tandoori dish, fish to be specific. We have fallen for it when we had our food venture during one of our romance escapade on a holiday some years ago. Not in India though! *LOL* Back then without a child, we were all flexible, any food at any time and pretty much anywhere. With a fussy eater coming on board joining us on the dining table, things changed. Hygiene, healthier cooking style and the cuisine type topped the criterion for dining out selection.
As we are a big fan of Indian cuisine, we visited a few Indian restaurants with my soon-to-be 4 years old girl. Unfortunately, the Tandoori dishes at most restaurants are too spicy for my little girl. Instead of having to accept the spiciness that are generally fancied by patrons at these restaurants, I tried my very own version of Tandoori recipe. With my own home recipe, spiciness can be adjusted according to my family’s taste buds. It is a great way to keep the carcinogenic “char” intake under control too. If you are a fan of Tandoori dishes made from a “Tandoor” oven, you can probably relate.
My little girl savored well on the recent Tandoori Salmon dinner served with wholemeal wraps. The mild spiciness from ginger and pepper opened up her taste bud. With salmon so tenderly baked in an AMC 3.5 litre Shallow Pot over the Navigenio, flesh is moist and flaky. Baking with radiant heat may optimise Omega 3 fatty acids in salmon too. It made us happy parents enjoying the Tandoori meal we love.
Baked Tandoori Salmon with Minty Yogurt Mix Recipe (Serves 2 Adults & 1 Preschooler) :
- Salmon loose parts, approximately 250 grams or 12 pieces
- 1/2 inch Ginger (grated or minced)
- 5 cloves Garlic (grated or minced)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (optional)
- 10 tablespoons Greek Style Yogurt
- 4 stalks Fresh Mint Leaves (leaves only)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 5 pieces Wholemeal Naan Bread (store bought)
- 1/2 Lime (wedged into 3)
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Marinate Salmon with grated/minced ginger and garlic, all powders and half of the salt & pepper.
- With an AMC Quick Cut, mince the mint leaves, yogurt and the remaining salt & pepper.
- Pre-heat an AMC 24cm 3.5 litre Pot unit (lid on) on the Navigenio with heat, “level 3” up to 50°C or “Meat Window”. Activate Audiotherm on 50°C or “Meat Window” for readiness indication.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off Navigenio & Audiotherm. Remove lid and set Pot in up-turn lid.
- Place marinated salmon pieces into the Pot unit and cover it with Navigenio turned upside down. Turn Navigenio on low heat level “-“. Activate Audiotherm and set 10 minutes to bake.
- When Audiotherm beeps again, turn Navigenio on high heat level, “=”. Activate Audiotherm and set 2 minutes to slightly “char” the salmon.
- When Audiotherm beeps again, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm. Dish out and serve warm with wholemeal wraps and lime wedges.
- Serve a Tandoori Salmon with wraps and Thick Vegetables Soup to make a wholesome meal. Warm the wholemeal wraps for just 1 minute over the AMC Combi-Sieve unit or a Steamer unit whilst soup is cooking!
- All AMC Pot Lids can be used as a coastal when baking with the Navigenio or when you are serving food directly from pot on the table. The lids are specially designed in a manner where it can steadily stand on its own knob when up-turned, acting as a coastal when baking or serving. For more information about Navigenio, read here.