~ Fatless Smoked Sausages Stir-fried Bee Hoon ~
Bee Hoon is a common term used for rice vermicelli. As its name suggested, it is made of rice. Bee Hoon is a very common staple food, apart from rice, for most Asian, which can be served for any meal of the day. It can be cooked and enjoyed in various manners be it soup, dry style, stir-fried, deep-fried etc. It is good to serve Bee Hoon with almost any other complimenting dishes too. For instance, wanton or any curry dishes.
As my little angel prefers noodles than rice most of the time, I often cook Bee Hoon as a replacement for rice to ensure she consumes more rice produce. I like to cook rice vermicelli over any other types of wheat noodles, which may be more fattening due to its starchy nature. For a healthier choice, I opt for brown rice vermicelli.
It is an easy peasy job to stir-fry Bee Hoon or just any types of noodles. As I am using the AMC fully automatic system, there is no old fashion stir-frying act with both hands and arms required. No matter how big a wokful of noodles I am cooking, I can use the exact same method without fail.
All I need to do is to add all ingredients into the wok/pan unit, turn on the automatic mode and set 1 minute to cook and gently stir to even out the cooked ingredients when the cooking process is done. That only requires a gentle stir to mix the ingredients well rather than having to stir to ensure all ingredients are cooked. So, I am able to serve the hungry tummies with much energy saved in no time!
Fatless Smoked Sausages Stir-fried Bee Hoon Recipe (Serves 4) :
- 200 grams pack Brown Rice Bee Hoon (soak till soft approx. 30 minutes & drain)
- 200 grams pack Smoked Sausages (pan-fried & thinly sliced)
- 2 Eggs (pan-fried & thinly stripped)
- 1 medium Carrot (shredded)
- 200 grams pack Spinach (cleaned and cut into 1 inch long)
- 5 bulbs of Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 200ml of Water
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Add smoked sausages into the 28cm Hot Pan unit. Cover lid to slightly brown sausages with Navigenio on heat level “3” up to 50°C or “Meat Window”. Switch on Audiotherm indicating “Meat Window” for readiness indication.
- When Audiotherm beeps, remove lid. Gently turn side to brown the other side of the sausages. Remove sausages from pot and set aside.
- Add whisked eggs to pan-fry with the fat greased on Pan unit from the sausages. Cover lid to pan-fry eggs with Navigenio on heat level “3” up to 90°C or “Turning Point”. Switch on Audiotherm indicating “Meat Window” for readiness indication at second beep.
- When Audiotherm beeps, remove lid. Gently turn side to pan-fry the other side of the egg. Remove egg from pan, cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Add minced garlic, shredded carrot, Bee Hoon, spinach and seasoning diluted in water to the pan unit. Switch on Navigenio to automatic mode “A”. Turn on Audiotherm, place on lid knob, indicating 80°C or “Carrot Window” and set on 1 minute to cook.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Navigenio & Audiotherm. Stir well, add sausages and stripped eggs before serving.
1. No additional oil is required for this stir-fried dish as I have “recycled” the fat released from the sausages pan-fried earlier.
2. Proportion of water required may be vary, depending on the Bee Hoon brand. As a general rule, add at least 200ml water for “white rice” Bee Hoon and 400ml water for “brown rice” Bee Hoon.