~ 3 in 1 Papaya Walnut Soup with Steamed Corn Brown Rice and Sesame Courgette ~
My little girl became so fussy over everything and she had finally fallen ill for 2 weeks due to the exhaustion from adapting school at a bigger class group with older kids this term. Obviously, she lost much of her appetite for food. As a mummy to this little picky eater, I have always been doubting if I have done good enough in my home-cooking. So, this time I searched for soups that suggest to improve appetite suitable for young children and I found this recipe for the purpose.
After the first 3 in 1 cooking done with my AMC Premium Cooking System, I am addicted to cooking 3 dishes at one go. It is so convenient, quick and environmentally friendlier. Most importantly, it makes a healthy meal for my family and it is guaranteed that all 3 in 1 dishes were cooked successfully without fuss. I steamed brown rice and a waterless vegetable on top of a soup for under an hour.
Whilst the system conveniently control the cooking temperature fully automatically, it ensures temperature within the pot is ideal to optimize nutrients in food throughout the cooking process. All I did was a little planning done before hand on the dishes and ingredients that I wish to cook and they will cook perfectly with the amount of heat circulated within the tiered pot within the time I specified for cooking. It is an automatic system that is all flexible.
While I had all the 3 dishes cooked with 1 heat source, I prepared an additional dish, Fatless Orange Honey Glazed Chicken Mid-joints, to make it a wholesome dinner for the family. As I do not have to worry about over-spilling or over-cooked food in the kitchen, for the rest of the time I get to prepare my little girl for shower or I play a few rounds of “Bingo!” game with her until dinner is ready. I did the latter this time. (*grin*)
3 in 1 Papaya Walnut Soup with Steamed Corn Brown Rice and Sesame Courget Recipe :
A. Papaya Walnut Soup (Serves 6)
- 180 grams Chicken Breasts (cleaned, scalded & cut into chunks)
- 1 medium size Raw Papaya (peeled & cut into cubes)
- 75 grams Walnuts
- 75 grams Peanuts
- 20 Red Dates
- 1.8 liter Water
B. Corn Brown Rice (Serves 3)
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Rice (soak for 30 minutes)
- 50 grams or 1/2 Box of Corn Kernels
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, optional (add when fluffing cooked rice)
C. Courgette/Zucchini Chunks with Shimeiji Mushrooms & Sesame Seeds (Serves 3)
- 2 medium size Courgette (cut into 2cm thick horizontally with skin on)
- 1 pack of Shimeiji Mushroom (cleaned and drained)
- 1 tablespoon Fried Garlic Oil (garnishing)
- 1 teaspoon Black Sesame Seeds (garnishing)
- 1 teaspoon White Sesame Seeds (garnishing)
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Prepare brown rice ingredients. Add rice ingredients into an AMC 20cm Softiera Bowl unit. Place the Softiera Bowl unit into the AMC 24cm Steamer unit. Set aside to soak rice for 30 minutes.
- Cut courgette into 2cm thick. Place them with Shimeiji mushrooms onto a 24cm Serving Dish unit. Stack the Serving Dish unit with courgetti/zucchini onto the Steamer unit. Set aside.
- Scald chicken breast with boiled water to remove scum and fat. Rinse chicken breast under running water to remove any impurities and slice into 1 to 2 cm thick. Prepare all other soup ingredients. Add all soup ingredients into an AMC 24cm 6.5 liter Pot unit.
- Switch on Navigenio to “A” mode. Turn on Audiotherm, place on lid knob, indicating 80°C or “Carrot Window” and set for 1 minute to bring soup to boil.
- When Audiotherm beeps, turn off both Audiotherm and Navigenio. Stack the Steamer unit with rice and Serving Dish with vegetables onto the Pot unit with soup. Cover with lid.
- Switch on Navigenio to “A” to bring all to boil/simmer. Turn on Audiotherm, place on lid knob, indicating 80°C or “Carrot Window” and set to cook for 40 minutes.
- As Audiotherm beeps after 40 minutes, turn off both Navigenio and Audiotherm.
- Garnish courgette with sesame seeds and fried garlic oil, fluff brown rice with a drizzle of olive oil and serve soup whilst hot. Serve with or without additional dishes of choice.
- To cook fully automatically on the AMC Navigenio, ALWAYS set the AMC Audiotherm on “Carrot Window” with the combination of time setting (i.e. “n” no. of minutes) to activate the automatic mode. Navigenio will switch off automatically when time elapsed and turned to keep warm at 60°C for an hour.
- It takes about 15 minutes to bring the big pot of soup to boil to reach 80°C or the “Carrot Window” on the Visiotherm indicator. The 40 minutes time set on Audiotherm will elapse from the moment the indicator reaches 80°C or the “Carrot Window”. Total cooking time under an hour, 55 minutes.