~ 2 in 1 Chicken Mushroom Stew & Steamed Basmati Rice ~
I was all excited when AMC International first announced the launch of Easy Quick Lid last month. With the strong and continuous research & development, it was with certainty any new AMC product launched will be more than word can describe. The excitement level escalated when the new Easy Quick Lid has to be kept a secret as it was not launched here in Singapore until this Wednesday. I had to keep mum until then. Imagine the pain endured! Now that it was launched, I am happy to share my very first recipe using this. *relieved*
Since the latest world patented AMC new model, M30, launched in 2010, cooking is never the same again. The award winning system allows cooking to be done fully automatically with its bluetooth technology, while retaining the flexibility in cooking and enabling healthy cooking through automatic temperature control in cooking. It is a breakthrough and I call it the cooking revolution like never before. Millions of families have benefited from the conveniently flexible cooking system around the world.
The latest baby to the AMC family, Easy Quick Lid fills the gap between the current Classic Lid and the Secuquick Lid, making the already brilliant AMC Premium Cooking System a perfect and complete system for ideal cooking methods. The AMC Easy Quick Lid, which can be used in all 20cm and 24cm diameter Pots & Pans, cooks 35% to 50% faster than the Classic Lid. It is more gentle cooking compared to the Secuquick Lid while being more robust cooking as compared to the Classic Lid in all automatic cooking. As the Easy Quick Lid comes with a Steam Valve to enable steam to escape during the cooking process, it allows higher heat to be used for powerful steam generation while retaining an ideal temperature between 97°C to 99°C for steam cooking. Isn’t this a brilliant design?!
All AMC Pots & Pans used in combination with any of the above lids, can be used to cook automatically, on the Navigenio (2 in 1 cook/bake hob) together with an Audiotherm (the instruction gadget). What does AMC Premium Cooking System do when the “A” or Automatic mode is selected? The Audiotherm activated simply sends signal to the Navigenio to adjust heat levels fully automatically during the entire cooking process. Hence, Navigenio turns on the highest heat level to begin cooking, adjusted to medium heat level when there is sufficient heat generated within the pot and retain a low heat level when food within the pot has reached :-
- the temperature of 80°C or Carrot Window with a Normal or Classic Lid;
- the temperature of 97°C or Steam Window with an Easy Quick Lid; and
- the temperature of 103°C or Soft Window & 108°C or Turbo Window with Secuquick Lid
Whether it is the Normal Lid for Classic Cooking, the Easy Quick Lid for Super-Steaming or the Secuquick Softline Lid for quick or pressure cooking, the entire cooking process can be cooked fully automatically. Since temperature determines the success of all cooking, it is a guaranteed success cooking with the AMC Premium Cooking System with heat levels and cooking temperature adjusted, controlled and monitored fully automatically. Optimum nutrients are retained in food too with temperature being critically controlled for the purpose.
Phew, that is so much of information in brief with the release of 1 new lid! I am glad that I had the opportunity to test out the product. I have tried it on a 2 in 1 cooking for Chicken Mushrooms Stew with Basmati Rice. The aroma infused in the rice throughout the steaming process, making it an appetising meal right before dinner was served. Following is the recipe with 35% of the cooking time reduced as compared to cooking with a normal or Classic Lid. Happy trying!
2 in 1 Chicken Mushroom Stew & Steamed Basmati Rice Recipe :
A. Chicken Mushroom Stew (Serves 3)
- 300grams Chicken Breasts (clean & cut into 12 pieces or 1cm thick each)
- 8 Chinese Mushrooms (soaked & cut each into 1/2)
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 100 ml Water & 20ml Water
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch (thickening)
- 1 sprig Spring Onion (garnishing)
B. Rice (Serves 3)
- 1 cup, 200ml, Basmati Rice (rinse with water)
- 200ml Water
AMC Healthy Cooking Method :
- Marinate chicken with oyster sauce, sesame oil and black pepper for an hour.
- Add minced garlic to brown in a 20cm 4.0 litre Pot unit. Switch on Navigenio at heat level 3 and turn on Audiotherm, place on Easy Quick Lid knob, indicating “Meat Window” or 50°C.
- Add Basmati rice and water into a 20cm Softiera Dish. As Audiotherm beeps, add marinated chicken breasts chunks, mushrooms and 100ml of water into the Pot unit. Gently stir to spread chicken evenly.
- Place Softiera Dish unit from step 3 above into the Pot unit. Switch on Navigenio to “A”. Turn on Audiotherm, place on lid knob, indicating 97°C or “Steam Window” and set for 10 minutes to cook.
- As Audiotherm beeps, turn off Audiotherm and Navigenio and remove the Softiera Dish with Steamed Basmati Rice. Dilute corn starch with 20ml water and pour into the chicken stew to thicken the gravy with residual heat.
- Dish out the Chicken Mushroom Stew, garnish and serve warm on an AMC 20cm Serving Dish with the Steamed Basmati Rice. Add a vegetable of choice (http://onelazycook.com/optimising-nutrients-with-waterless-vegetables/) too!
- An AMC Classic lid cooks this dish with 20 minutes time from boiling point. AMC Easy Quick lid cooks the same dish for 10 minutes. It will still be the same time setting if the portion is doubled.
- AMC Automatic Cooking System cuts off the power automatically and has the function of keeping food warm at 60°C for 1 hour after the cooking process is completed.
- 2 in 1 cooking means savings in power consumption. This is a great way we humankind contribute to the preservation of our environment. I personally love my current contribution in this sense to the mother earth. Afterall, we have only one Earth!